Press Release on The Works Related to The Agreement Reached With The Russian Federation on October 2229.10.2019
1. Required sensitivity was shown by us in terms of the fulfillment of the matters related to the east of the Euphrates and covered by the agreement reached in Sochi on October 22, 2019 between Russia and Turkey.
2. It has been reported by the Russian Federation that YPG has been taken out 30 kilometers away beginning from the Turkey-Syria border as well as out of Manbij and Tel Rifat with their heavy weapons at the end of 150-hour period.
3. Turkish-Russian joint patrols will be initiated in the west and east of the borders of current Operation Peace Spring at a depth of 10 kilometers, except for the city of Qamishli. In this regard, mine and HME cleansing activities as well as reconnaissance flights have been started on patrol routes.
4. Turkey will never allow the formation of a terror corridor in the south of its borders, and our fight against the terrorist organizations, particularly DEASH and PKK / YPG, will continue with determination.
5. Thus, by establishing a peace corridor in the region, it will be ensured that our displaced Syrian brothers voluntarily and safely return to their homes and lands.
Minister of National Defence Hulusi Akar Spoke at 'The Symposium on Problems in Turkish-Greek Relations and the Islands Sea'
Minister of National Defence Hulusi Akar met with the Chairman of the High Council of State of Libya Khalid al-Mishri paying a visit to Ankara